• What is Faenaria?
Faenaria is a fantasy world filled with magical creatures and races. We aim to incorporate many of the classic features of avatar and virtual pet sites with a detailed Roleplaying Game system.
• How did Faenaria come about?
Faenaria began as a humble adoptable thread by the name of DayDream Wishes. As the fanbase grew we set up shop on our own website, however, the original artist was not on board and withdrew permission to use the artwork. In spite of this setback, we forged on. Over the years we have evolved our brand, from DDW to Origins and finally we settled on Faenaria.
• What are the common abbreviations used here on site?
FA - Fae Avatar
WS - Wish Shards
DS - Dream Shards
FAD - Faenaria Avatar Design Contest
CYO - Color Your Own
• What are Wish Shards?
One of the site’s currencies. WS is the currency you earn by posting and exploring the site. Once the upgrade is finished there will be other ways to earn WS as well.
• What are Dream Shards?
You can buy them with real currency, such as USD, or purchase them from other users with WS.
• How does CYO work? What can be colored and how and by whom?
If you win or buy a CYO, it’s usually for a specific item/set or pet. That’s what you can color. You can color it yourself or you can put in a request to have a site artist color it or if someone is offering in the forum you can pay someone to color it to your specifications.
• What is there to do here?
Right now, it’s just chatting on the forum. Soon we’ll have pets you can purchase and an RPG game to play.
• Do you have regular scheduled releases? When can we expect new things?
Usually there are two releases a month. One for DS FA items and one for WS FA items. Those are kind of on hold right now until the upgrade is finished.
• I heard this was a pet adoptables site, but I can't find the pets. What am I missing?
Right now there aren’t any pets to adopt, but once we get the upgrade in the next month or two, there will be pets! You can buy pets for your avatar, however, in the Market.
• I saw someone mention this in an old thread, so what are Amber Blossoms?
The site has been through a few changes over the years, at one time Amber Blossoms and Jade Blossoms were what we call Wish Shards and Dream Shards now.
• What is an avatar?
An avatar is your FA, a virtual doll that you dress that resides next to your posts (if you have one set to active).
• How often can I change the clothes on my FA? Does it cost to change my FA's clothes?
You can change it as often or as few times as you want! No charge to change the clothes as long as you own the items already.
• How many avatars can I have on one account?
There is no limit of avatars you can have on an account. You can make 4 FREE avatars! After those 4, you will be charged 5 DS for each additional avatar you create.
• Do I have to purchase each color individually?
No, each item comes with all 80 colors, soon to be 100 colors.
• How can I see what each color looks like?
You can preview the colors as you try them on or here is a thread to preview our FA palette.
• How do you use (set up) avatars?
You first have to create your avatar, you do that by clicking the Avatar tab. Then on the upper right side you’ll see a Creat New Avatar button, click that, name your avatar, and give it a gender. Once that is done you’ll want to dress it. You do that by clicking the Dress button under the Avatar you just created. Once your avatar is dressed, be sure to click the blue Save button! Then you can go to the Settings tab, and then down to Display Avatar and choose to display that avatar on the forum!
• How do you get stuff for your avatar?
You click the Market tab and buy them from the various shops with the WS you earned or the DS you’ve bought.
• My Avatar is naked, how do I fix this?
You buy clothes from the shops, they are located under the Market tab. Once you’ve bought some items, you then will need to go to Avatar and dress your avatar.
• I put new things on my avatar, and they don't show up. What am I doing wrong?
When you have finished equipping items and adjusting the layers, you need to click the blue Save avatar button.
• Why don't you have (x/y/z), my avatar can't live without this item?
Maybe we haven’t thought of that item yet! Go to the Avatar Suggestions forum and check, if it isn’t listed there then post a thread suggesting it!
• How many accounts can I have?
There is no limit to how many accounts you can have, however, multiple accounts are classified into three categories; Main, Ninja, and Mule. All Ninja and Mule accounts MUST be registered under your Main account. There will be a public Mule account list, and a private Ninja account list. If you need to register your Ninja account, contact Aleah.
• What do the different username colors mean? Why do some have gradients?
Admin, Programmer, Mods, Artists, Event Planner, Developer, Backer, Donor ~ however most staff have gradients so the first of their username is their rank color followed by a color of their choosing.
• How do I become staff? Do you get paid? Do staff get perks?
If there are any open positions you will find them in the Staff Positions forum. You do not get paid USD or any other kind of real money, but there are times when you get paid site currency, WS or DS. You also get a gradient username, and early access to new release items.
• How do I report posts?
There is a report button on each post, you just click that and then scroll down to the text area and type in your reason for reporting the post. Click Send Report.
• How do I create a Signature?
You click on the Settings tab, and then go to the Signature section. You can edit it there.
• Can I/How do I block signatures from showing?
Right now you can’t block signatures.
• Do I have to have an avatar to post (in the forums).
No, you do not. You can post as long as you want with no avatar. You can never create/use one if that is something you prefer.
• I want to post in a different color/post fancy code in my posts, how do I do that?
You’ll need to use BB Code, if you’re unfamiliar with it, then you should check out the BB Code page.
• I want to set up/join an RP, what do I need to know?
With our RPG system in the works, we have hidden our forum RPG section. If there is a demand for forum RPGs in the future, we will consider bringing them back.
• I'm so over my thread, how do I lock/close/remove/get it deleted?
You would need to contact a Mod.
• I was following/reading a thread and now I can't find it (because the whole section gets faded out if there's nothing new since you last accessed it).
You can subscribe to the thread and then look for it when you come back in your Subscriptions list or you can use the Search feature and search for it.
If you need any assistance, please contact a moderator or visit the Help Desk and we will be happy to lend our aid!